We are experiencing incredible flooding throughout Iowa and they just evacuated downtown Des Moines. Luckily we're in a North suburb and not near the river so we're safe. I took the girls downtown yesterday so Avery could see the river. She now understands what all the grown ups are talking about when we talk about the flood. The 5 bridges have been closed for days, and the water is almost over them now. The pics may not look like much unless you live here and know what these places usually look like, but I assure you it's a bad scene downtown.
Simon Estes Amphitheater & Bridge at typical river level

Simon Estes Amphitheater yesterday

Court Avenue Bridge yesterday. Typically you see boats passing under these archways and today I saw on the news that they are completely under water.
1 comment:
i know a few things about some flooding. i'm glad you are all safe!
Post a Comment