Thursday, September 11, 2008

Seven Years.



If you haven't already, take a minute to think about where you were when the World Trade Center was destroyed seven years ago. I was drying my hair and had the TV on, as usual watching the news. I remember thinking it was a terrible accident as I watched the smoke coming out of the first tower when all of the sudden the second plane hit the other tower. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cried again yesterday as I watched CNN's "9-11: AS IT HAPPENED" special last night. It took me back to that day when I was frantically wrapping homemade caramels in my kitchen for a "very important" Chef's Auction that night. I had the TV on in the other room when I overheard the reporters talking about it. All of a sudden, NOTHING except MY FAMILY seemed important anymore! Every year on this day I think about those families who mourn a loved one because of these tragic events!

neil said...

word, t-bone.